Tuesday, December 9, 2008

NAME THE FONKEY MONKEY!

We broke her out from behind the bars
In Parker County.
Ask us no stories,
We'll tell you no lies!
What can we say? The Fonky Monkey has joined us at Moonlight Hollow! She will be our new "mascot". Whoa! Did I say mascot? I meant pardner...our new travelling pardner. The Fonky Monkey will join us on all road trips, all shows and will be a regular on our blog. But we think she needs a name! So, here we go again...a new contest! NAME THE FONKY MONKEY CONTEST!

How many times can you enter? Enter as many times as you want! After a few toddies and a few hours of sleep, many of you will jump up in bed with the perfect name for the Fonky Monkey. This may happen to some of you (TrashTalk) night after night! So keep on entering your genius names. After all, Karen and I both were teachers and we like lots of enthusiasm and active participation! Whatever.
What do you win if your name is the winning name for the Fonkey Monkey? You win a 10 pack of assorted Moonlight Hollow Greeting Cards! These cards are the original prototype cards, so they might be worth something one of these days! What we do know is that they are worth $3 each right now! Let's see...that makes it a $30 prize or a priceless prize if you hang on to these puppies until we are bought out by Hallmark! Har! Har!
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!


20 comments:

debi lynn mattingly said...

Yeah! A contest! Now, let's see....the monkey looks like a "nurse" frozen in time? so, maybe (sorry, the lickin' dog next to me here is distracting me :)....

"Nurse Betty"...horrible, but I will give it some deep thought. I keep waiting for that dog to lick right through this screen! :)

xo...deb

Mindy said...

Ok...what is she maid of? I don't know why, but, maybe that will help me name her. ~Mindy

Mindy said...

By the way, I am well aware that made is spelled made...not maid! ugh! I'm excited about naming the fonkey monkey!

Anonymous said...

Ya'll aint right...even by Georgia standards...
but I digress...think 'Mary Poppins'
"...chimp chimpeney chimp chimpeney chimp chimp hoo rah!"
pls don't let Trash win or else we'll hate you forever even tho she's my BFFL
ox lulu-thenoncompetitiveangel-redstar ;)

Lauri Evans said...

Ok girlies-without-girdles...here it is:
think Mary Poppins...'chimp chimpeney, chimp chimpeny chimp chimp hoo rah..
OR>>>>>>Primate Annie from "Oklahoma" 'I'm Just a Chimp without a big Toe...'
Yeah...you like it don't ya Junior DeRangerette?
ox lllllluuuulllluuu-not-not-not-lunatic-ic-ic-icicicicic

Anonymous said...

Is Fonkey a girl or a boy, landlubber or sailor?
I'm working on a name.

Mindy said...

Ok..none of the aforementioned questions matter. Look at that face! Blanche. Her name is Blanche.

The Texas Woman said...

I'm takin' my inspiration from David's comment on my blog today and I'm callin' the monkey The Pootin' Partner! Of course, that's assumin' neither of you two are already the pootin' partner!

The Texas Woman

The Texas Woman said...

How about Spanky? Get it?

The Texas Woman

Jacque said...

"Major Hulahan" first thing that entered my mind when I saw her! Maybe I'll be back after a glass of wine.

trash talk said...

What is this-Pick on Debbie day? Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Y'all asked for it so let the games begin. 1.Monkey Business 2. Miss Monkeying A. Round 3. Monkey Cnoevil 4. Chimp Change 5. Chimperella 6. Monkey in the Middle -------How long will this contest last? I'm only getting started, so take that!

trash talk said...

I forgot, send me your e-mail address so I can give you my address in case anyone forgets who the real winner is in this hen house. Here's another one-Monchichi! I got a million of 'em. Tn'T

trash talk said...

A couple of more before I go nitey nite---1. Bubbles and my favorite 2. Monkey Wench. That's right, I said WENCH! Don't put it out there if you don't want me to play. Tn'T

The Texas Woman said...

"Monkey Wench!" That's good. I love it, Trash Talk, but I'll hate you if you win again. Not that you don't deserve it...

Enough about TnT! More entries from me are The Pimp Chimp, Banana Breath, and Primate Playmate.

The Texas Woman

Lauri Evans said...

okay..."Bananas"....take THAT, Trash love.
ox lulu

trash talk said...

You could call yourselves the Cheetah Girls! lol Tn'T

Anonymous said...

I submit Leeza Gibbon.

Although 'his' stance suggests he
walks with a bit of a gimp, calling to
mind names like Ismael or Igor, neither of
which conveys the devil-may-care attitude
I suspect you are after.

Other monikers I can envision hung for him
are Dubya, Diddy Kong, & Missy Link.

Malisa said...

Attention inner sanctum of no-do-gooders! There is competition in the house! Check out Sie's submissions! Looks like that means more late hours of eggnog and meditation! As for me, I am pretty busy looking at shiny things!

The Texas Woman said...

The Money Monkey.

Whatever her name is I wish I could get your stupid contests out of my mind!

The Texas Monkey...I mean Woman!

Unknown said...

We all know that monkeys eat their own sh*t --- so his name should be Caca!