Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The One That Didn't Get Away



Today is day Twenty-Four of
Thirty Days of Photography II.

Yesterday's Today's Photo Topic:  FISH TALES


Where do I begin? 

Today's topic is really CROWD, but I posted that yesterday while ignoring yesterday's topic of FISH TALES. I was tired. I had been out in the hot sun all day. Lurch greeted me with a bottle glass of chilled Pinot Grigio. I trusted my memory on photo topics which is exactly the wrong thing to do. At least I didn't skip NECKED day

So here is my fish tale although it is a real tale.

There is a little marina on Lake Livingston where fishermen sit around and tell fish tales. The walls of the marina are covered in taxidermied fish which are record setters for the lake. The marina is always full of cigarette smoke and characters who look like they just stepped off the sound stage of the movie, Deliverance. The marina sells bait of all kinds: minnows, chicken livers, stink bait, worms and other putrid smelling mixtures. It also sells a lot of cold beer, packages of bologna and loaves of very, very white bread.

This photo features an alligator gar which was caught in Lake Livingston. It weighed 162 pounds and was 7 feet long. If you aren't familiar with alligator gar, this species is a fish with a head resembling an alligator. No one wants to catch an alligator gar. 

Want to see what the other kids on the block are doing?
They are probably posting photos of today's real topic!
Brown nosers!



No comments: