Tuesday, October 30, 2012

30 Days of Photographs III...Day 30...Blackout




“Nobody moved.

Everybody sat in the dark cellar, suspended in the suddenly frozen task of this October game; the wind blew outside, banging the house, the smell of pumpkins and apples filled the room with smell of the objects in their fingers while one boy cried, “I'll go upstairs and look!” and he ran upstairs hopefully and out around the house, four times around the house, calling, “Marion, Marion, Marion!” over and over and at last coming slowly down the stairs into the waiting breathing cellar and saying to the darkness, “I can't find her.”

Then... some idiot turned on the lights."


This is the killer ending from my favorite Ray Bradbury work, "The October Game". 

While this 30 day challenge has been a killer, it was an experience not to be missed. I am truly looking forward to the next 30 day non (cough cough cough) contest. Mike and Ziva are charming and demanding hosts who keep us entertained with their witty and demented choices of prompts. While I feel guilty that I was so busy and never caught up with all of my comments, I am not guilty enough to not play again soon.  But for now, I'm going to close my eyes and dream of all the lovely images that have been posted by all of my new friends.

Please, please, nobody turn on the lights.

No comments: