Saturday, October 27, 2012

30 Days of Photographs...Day 27...Kafkaesque



Kafkaesque was the only prompt that made me jump up and down with excitement. That is pure bullshit. You all know that I don't jump up and down with excitement. However, I was thrilled to see the word, kafkaesque. Best prompt of the 30 Days of Photographs III if you ask me. Of course, no one asked me. They never do. They never will. I just exist. 

A couple of weeks ago, I told Lurch that he needed to be on the lookout for a cockroach. He looked at me like I had lost my mind. WTF? I was so elated to hear these magic words a few days later: "Here's a cockroach and it's dead."  Hot damn! No disgusting insects will have to die in the name of art! I would have jumped up and down in excitement, but we've already  gone over all of that bullshit. So I carefully placed the cockroach ...ha ha ha, did you believe that crap for a minute?...so Lurch carefully placed the dead cockroach on the lid of a tubby where my gross, little subject patiently awaited his big photo shoot. You will be thrilled to know that I turned him loose after the shoot so that he could scamper off to roach heaven. Yes, there is. Quit arguing.

As a literature major, Franz Kafka was one of the few writers who really impacted me as I was developing my outlook on life and death. I still carry some of those beliefs with me.

No comments: