Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Critics Loved It

I'm participating in Nicky and Mike's 30-2 Days of Writing. I don't know why. Let's just say that Nicky is very persuasive.  I thought yesterday's prompt was the worst prompt ever...until I saw today's prompt, "Where can I get a good blintz?"  Sigh.  So here goes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACT ONE

Scene 1

The setting is a store in a small Texas town 
although it could be any small town in the  South. 
Lights come up on center stage where
MALISA , an aging free spirit, approaches 
THE SHOPKEEPER who is dressed in cowboy boots and jeans.
THE SHOPKKEEPER stands behind a counter.



MALISA
Excuse me, sir. Do you know where I can find a good blintz?


THE SHOPKEEPER
No.

(Lights fade. Blackout)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C'mon, people! It's the South. This is as close as we get to a cheese blintz.



No comments: