Friday, May 30, 2014

It's a New World




Seems like the only time I blog anymore is when I'm participating in a challenge.  I needed a good challenge to get back in the writing mode. Looks like Jayne created this challenge just for me!  Here is the scoop on the challenge in Jayne's words:

"The challenge:  Write a story (beginning, middle and end) that hints at a larger story, but is complete within itself, in 25 words or less.  The most famous piece of hint fiction was written by Hemingway:

            For sale:  Baby Shoes.  Never worn. 

Hint Fiction demands reader involvement.  “Why were the baby shoes never worn?” we’re left to contemplate.   It hints at much more, yet is complete in and of itself.  

Here is one from me:

                                  “News at Eleven”

          A shiny, new tricycle on the sidewalk, abandoned.

          A single, blue sneaker at the curb.

          From the house, a mother calls:  “Tommy, supper!”


Write your story on your own blog, then come back here and link up your post.  Be sure and visit everyone else’s offering and support your fellow writers with a comment.  If you don’t have a blog, you may leave your story in my comment section below.  Write and post as many as you want.   Link-up will be active through June 1st. 

Have fun!"
 
Perfect, Jayne! Just enough challenge to motivate me, but not so long that I spend all my writing time on the challenge.

So how about joining us in the short challenge? Just go HERE to get involved.

My first attempt follows.





"It's a New World"
                        

                         Pomp and Circumstance was playing as she walked in cap and gown.

                         She saw the faces of her proud parents.

                         How would she tell them?








No comments: