Just a warning to all out-of-staters who will be visiting Texas this weekend! Deer season is in progress and mule deer season starts Saturday! Unless you are as cute as my granddaughter, Madisyn, stay out of the deer corn and adhere to the following rules:
- Buy beer before you get to the state line! Liquor stores will be wiped clean!
- Don't be stopping by country roads to stroll through the fields, dig for junk or pee!
- Wear bright colors! Surely you kept your mother's orange double knit pant suit in the back of the closet! Put it on!
- If you hear a car "backfiring" repeatedly, speed the heck up and get out of there!
- If a deer runs across the road, brake quickly as a hunter will be close behind!