Yes, we are jumping for joy!
We have several reasons to jump for joy:
1. We are jumping for joy because Lurch is out of the hospital! We are so happy that he is home with us! He is doing very well. Currently, we are staying with our son and daughter-in-law who live fifteen minutes from the Texas coast. Our daughter-in-law is a physician and that makes us feel safer right now. It is also very helpful that my son loves to cook and is serving Lurch as his "personal chef"!
2. We are jumping for joy because we had such wonderful medical professionals who provided exceptional care for Lurch! I have never been in a hospital environment where the staff is so caring and loving. If you are ever facing a major surgery, please consider St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital in The Woodlands, Texas. They are the BEST!
3. We are jumping for joy because of the "strange" series of events which led to the saving of Lurch's life! Lurch has lived with bad knees since his football playing days. One knee finally got the best of him and he had agreed to knee replacement surgery on Monday, February 16th. On Wednesday, February 11th, Lurch went in for his knee replacement pre-op. His pre-op exam discovered the unknown heart condition! We were immediately sent to the hospital where a cardiologist and his team were waiting on Lurch so they could perform an angiogram. Two days later, Lurch was undergoing his heart bypass surgery! His heart surgeon, Dr. Mettauer, told me that if Lurch had undergone the knee replacement, the outcome would have been tragic! I am absolutely convinced that God had us in his loving arms!
4. We are jumping for joy because our two sons and their wives have been so supportive and gracious to Lurch and me. They took off work and were by our sides for the days before and after the surgery. Our oldest son drove ten hours to get here! Lurch and I are so proud of our children and their children. We are blessed to have a wonderful family!
5. We are jumping for joy because our grandson, Tango, is feeling better after having tubes implanted in his eardrums. He has been constantly plagued with illness due to ear infections and we are excited that he is on the road to recovery!
6. And last...but not least...we are jumping for joy because of the amazing support of my blogging family! You guys will never know how much your kind words and beautiful prayers meant to us!