Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 52...I Can Feel It!

"I can feel it, people!
Can't you just feel it?"

I have had the honor
of directing several student ensembles
in the performance of
The Diviners
by Jim Leonard Jr.

One of the main characters is
Buddy, a young boy, who lost his mother to the river,
and almost lost his own young life to the river and
as a result becomes brain damaged
and acquires the rare talent of finding water.
Buddy is a diviner.

C.C. is a wayward preacher who becomes
Buddy's friend and mentor.

Although no one else knows that rain
is coming, Buddy can sense it...he can feel it...
he knows it every single time.
Buddy suffers with the knowledge because
he is scared of water...
scared of death...
scared of the unknown.

When Buddy's senses alerted him that
rain was coming, he would say,

(Buddy referred to himself in the third person, he)

"He can feel it, C.C. It's coming! He feels it!
Can't you just feel it , C. C.? He can feel it!

Well, that is the way I feel right now.

"She can feel it, people! It's coming!
Can't you just feel it, people? She can feel it!

So if everything goes well tonight,
I have the feeling that I will be taking
Lurch home late tomorrow!

Why do I think this?

"Because she can feeeel it, people!
He's coming home!"





6 comments:

red.neck chic said...

OH YAY YAY YAY!!!!! I've got my prayers goin' 90 to nothin'!!!!! I'm dancin' around sayin' "there's no place like home..."

xoxo
;-) robelyn

Deb said...

Glad to hear it. Welcome Home Lurch!

Tristan Robin said...

What terrific news - you must be so pleased! (as must HE!)

(I actually know that play - though I've never been involved in a production)

Sue said...

I love when you write like this! It pulls on my heart strings, you know? I hope with all my heart that Larry gets to come home. How nice that would be.
Take care, Sue

Everyday Kathy said...

Terrific! So happy...

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I am SO SO SO happy to hear this!! I am feeling it too!

I know you will BOTH be so glad to get home!!!

You are in my prayers....

Lou Cinda