Saturday, June 5, 2010

Case Solved...Saturday Centus

Well, this is my second time...
to participate in Jenny Matlock's

It is a themed writing meme.
Each Saturday, Ms. Matlock will give
a writing prompt.
Your assignment...
if you choose to accept it...
is to write a 100 word story.
Yes, 100 words or less...
not including the "prompt words".
Oh, and the prompt words can
be used anywhere in your story!

Sounds like fun, doesn't it?
The writing prompt is good for the entire week,
so you can join in at any time!

THIS WEEK'S PROMPT:

I settled into the comfortable movie theatre seat
with awkward 3D glasses perched on my nose,
a small tub of popcorn on my lap,
and a bottle of water lodged into the seat holder,

So here is my contribution

________________________________________________________

I had never been more tired. I couldn’t relax. I couldn’t sleep. If I closed my eyes, I saw the horror of the most gruesome crime scene I had ever investigated. What kind of animal could do those perverted, sadistic things to women? I knew I should be out looking for him, but my investigation was at a dead end. My mind needed a break. My feet needed some rest.


I settled into the comfortable movie theatre seat with awkward 3D glasses perched on my nose, a small tub of popcorn on my lap, and a bottle of water lodged into the seat holder, and I felt my body begin to relax. It felt like my exhausted body was melting into the chair.

Then I felt his hot breath on the back of my neck.

17 comments:

Sue said...

The talented "Ms M". Always love to read what you write, always will!

Take care,
Sue

Kat said...

And the tub of popcorn went flying into the air! This was great, made me jump at the end. Kathy

jeff campbell said...

This is way cool...liked it:-) Peace

Jewel said...

wow...got me hooked right away. I want to know who was breathing on your neck.....

Tgoette said...

Very cool! I loved the last line...very intense! Great work!

Cheryl said...

Very intense ~ eek!

Viki said...

I say get up and run like heck. It's the sadistic killer LOL. Very suspenseful. Great job.

Sue said...

I'm loving the new look of your blog!

mrs. c said...

Oh my stars, that is soooo scary! thanks for the great story.

easternsparkle said...

Definately need to know what happened next!!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Cold chills! Excellent, unexpected!

And you might have the cutest blog header ever!

Terra said...

OMG I have the sweaty chills - now that was good my friend! GOOD!

Unknown said...

I love the last line!
Great job!
Mine is here
Have you a great Sunday!
hugs
shakira

TheNormanFive said...

Oh my goodness, I have to know if she makes it out okay. Sounds like a James Patterson book. Very good.

krys kirkpatrick said...

I love your pictures!

Jenny said...

I am super glad I am reading this in the middle of the day. I would be totally creeped out by this!

What a wonderful, dark use of the prompt this week.

I appreciate you linking up.

I'm curious to see more of the musings of your obviously quite creative mind!

Tina said...

Yikes!!! I love murder mysteries, so this was right up my alley! Maybe you're the next Karin Slaughter...nicely done!