Monday, October 8, 2012

30 Days of Photographs III...Day 8...Hair


Excuse me if this post is brief. I have National Geographic on hold. 

While most of you know that we Texas women are famous for our big hair, few people know about our blonde bombshell armadillos.  The only reported sighting of  the blonde armadillo was in 1985 at the Terlingua Chili Cook-Off. Tragically there were no photographs to document the sighting since no person within 100 miles of Terlingua was sober enough to steady a camera. In fact, according to the written reports of the Brewster County Police Department, no event attendee was sober enough to find one's own ass with both hands. 

I know. I was one of those attendees. I remember getting there. At least I remember that. 

The blonde armadillo and I bonded that day. 

Guess who showed up on my doorstep last night? We sat on the porch, had a few shots of tequila and talked about old times. When I tried to take her photo, she hauled ass. She doesn't like cameras. Says she has put on a few pounds. You think she would be more hard shelled than that. 


No comments: