Wednesday, September 11, 2013

30 Days of Photographs IV: Day 11...Girly



The topic "girly" is right up my alley. I am an avid photo hoarder collector. I especially like photos from the 1920's-1950's. Among my collection, I have many girly photos during the war years. In my mind, each photo has a story to tell. The American photos of pin-up girls who had the photos made for their men in the war are quite different from the European photos of pin-up girls who had their photos made for money or survival. I would scan some examples of my pin-up photos for you to peruse, but all my photos are packed away in boxes awaiting for my house to sell.

In addition to photos from this era, I also like pin-up figurines. Oddly, most of them are ash trays with sexy, female legs waving in the air or removable feather fans which sway to the touch. This particular girl has a pull out compartment in her butt for your cigarette butts. However, my pretty woman deserves better than ashes so she sports pearls. Lucky girl.

The lampshade in the photo is a Gilbert Lamp from the 1950's. I have a collection of Gilbert lamps which look quite extraordinary grouped together. This is the only one not packed away at the time.



Now that you have been somewhat educated in my compulsive collections, hop on over HERE and check out the other girly photos. Bet nobody else has a vintage lady with pearls streaming out her asstray ashtray. Hey, MikeWJ and Ziva, you can kiss my ash too!



No comments: