Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Chase



I glanced back and tried to focus. The sweat ran from my forehead and seeped into my eyes causing searing pain. Even through my squinted eyes, I could see that he was still there. He was breathing hard. The look on his face said it all. He would get me. He would hurt me. 

I had never run so hard in my life. I was gasping for air, but managed to keep on running. I knew that everything depended on getting away from him.  If he caught me, it would all be over.

I immediately knew that I should not have glanced back. Just that slightest of movement messed with my balance and I faltered. Stumbled just a bit. That moment of hesitancy gave him the advantage. He was gaining on me. I could feel his hot breath on the back on my neck as he lunged toward me. In a last ditch effort, I tried to side step him, but to no avail. He was on me. He reached around my chest and grabbed me with both hands. He grunted as he threw his weight into me and we both tumbled toward the ground. My head felt like it cracked open under his girth. He jabbed his elbow into my ribs and repeatedly thrust it into my torso. Then he did the unthinkable. He brought his mouth close to my ear and let out a low groan as he whispered in my ear.  "I got you. You knew I would. You are my bitch now."

And the next thing I knew, the football referee blew his whistle. 

I slowly crawled up off the ground, faced my assailant and laughed as I said "Is that all you got? Your Mama crawls up on me harder than that."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am very late posting for Nicky and Mike's 30-2 Days of Writing Almost Marathon. I don't have any idea why I am doing this except that Nicky and Mike promised to stroke my ego. Hey, I'll take what I can get. Head on over HERE and check out the other participants' entries. Heck, join in. Nicky and Mike have lots of stroking to do anyway.


No comments: