Saturday, April 18, 2009

Fun With Friends and A Fantastic Award!

How do you have fun
on a sunny Texas day?


Start out with two wonderful hostesses...
Linda and Virginia!


Add one table full of vintage ephemera...
and everyday papers.

Virginia is Linda's blogging buddy...
and partner in craft crimes.

Karen is a partner in Moonlight Hollow
and paper artist deluxe!

No, Linda, I'm not eating paper...
I'm eating those dang good cookies
you forced me to eat so you wouldn't eat them!


See how all those pieces of
paper just turned into art?


Some better than others...
dang it!


Linda, thanks for hosting us at your beautiful home!
We had so much fun...lunch was great...
and did I mention those cookies?
Yum!
Virginia, get that blog up and going...
you can title it WHATEVER!
Check Linda's blog:
We are looking forward to the next work day, girls!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so honored to have received the Renee Award
I am especially honored because this award was
created for Renee, one tough cookie,
who is fighting stage 4 breast cancer.
This award was created by Renee's
friends, Bella and Ces.

Bella had the following to say about Renee:

"Renee is one human being who has made such a difference in the lives of many just by being. Her honestly, wit, intelligence, and grit are a tremendous source of inspiration. She can elicit raucous laughter and guffaws in her banter, and then turn right around and offer the most heartfelt, gentle words of wisdom and emotional support. She is a spreader of love,simple and true. And her love is infectious.

"This is a brand new award and I have the pleasure and honor of spreading the seed, watching it grow. I hope it finds its way to those who are like Renee: the acorn, a small package becoming a tall and sturdy oak, giving more acorns, becoming tall and sturdy oaks, giving acorns..."

Since I received the Renee Award, I am to pass it on to 8 blogs which share these characteristics with Renee. I am passing it to blogs which have helped this small acorn, Moonlight Hollow, grow into a tall and sturdy oak and which give other new blogs life and strength to grow. They are listed in no particular order as follows:

Debbie at Talking Trash

Cher at The Texas Woman

Mindy at Primitiques 'N Poetry

Sue at Just Practicing Random Acts of Kindness

Linda at Linda Jo's Obsessions

Theresa at Garden Antqs Vintage

Laurie and Lulu at 2Chippy's

Erin at Woman In A Window

Please check out all the blogs in this post.
They are all written by friendly, warm, nurturing women!

10 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

You are a sweetie! Thanks for including me in this award and congrats to you and Karen. Looks like ya'll had an awesome time.

Linda Jo said...

Thank you, Malisa! What an honor! You ARE sweet.....despite what everyone says! And.... I had to eat the rest of the cookies over the following two days! It was such fun and we will make something else great in June!

trash talk said...

Mal, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I personally know why received this award. I've have been on the recieving end of both your wit And your sincerity. It truly has been a pleasure getting to know you and having someone to bounce off of! Thank you for including me in with such a great group and for thinking of me in this way. You honor me!
Debbie

trash talk said...

I was trying to say I know why YOU recieved this award. Are you sure you still want to include me?
D

Woman in a Window said...

Crafty ladies! Bet it wasn't about the crafts or the cookies though. Bet it was about the getting together!

Thank you for thinking of me. Now I've got to go and gosh darn it again. But really, thank you!

Sue said...

Damn, I feel very special, and thank you for including me in the group. As you know, I'm a bit SLOW getting links and stuff to post on my blog. I amazed myself when I got the JM Gardens one to work. Again, thanks! Sue

The Texas Woman said...

It took me awhile to read all the blogs I'd missed out on while we went out of town for a wedding but I'm sure glad I made it to yours! As if I'd miss it! Thank you for the award. It is so surprising to me what inspiration, information, and laughter we gather from each other blogs! I am proud to be on that list.

I could be in the trunk of your car!

The Texas Woman

Lauri Evans said...

Aw shucks...we're not worthy..ok we are. Thank you for bestowing us with this honor. We are verklempt at the moment. As soon as Lauri wakes up I will have her do her 'technical duties' and cut/paste it. Muchos gracias!
on behalf of 2 chippys.....xo lulu

Mindy said...

Thank you so much, Malisa. Renee sounds like a fighter that I would love to know. To be given this award, knowing it's origins, makes it so very special to me. Congrats to you! I am glad someoene saw your fine virtues and knew that you were worthy. ~Mindy

Renee said...

I see I have arrived in the form of an award before I even got here.

Renee xoxo