Friday, September 6, 2013

30 Days of Photographs IV: Day 5...Two Birds, One Stone



Welcome to an evening on our veranda. Life is good. The weather is perfect. Come join us for a cool beverage as we celebrate another glorious sunset. Pick your favorite rocking chair and order an aperitif from our handsome waiter who just happens to be a dead-ringer for Johnny Depp. 

Enough of the bullshit. Here is the real scoop. Every day when the temperature drops from the normal, scorching 105 to a less horrendous 95, Lurch and I limp out to the front porch for our daily routine of watering the Boston ferns and knocking back a bourbon.  And that waiter? It's me, of course. Lurch needs popcorn or Lurch needs peanuts or Lurch needs a refill on his drink. Thank goodness Lurch can at least rock himself in the rocker. I have to draw the line somewhere. Yesterday, as I was watering the ferns, Lurch demanded asked for a refill. 

Why hadn't I thought of this before? Two birds, one stone. Saving steps while saving water.

Want to see some other watered down photos of Two Birds, One Stone? Just go HERE. And speaking of killing two birds with one stone, give me a rock to throw at Mike WJ and Ziva who started this whole damn thing. 

I have a few choice words to say to Mike WJ who forced shamed me into dragging out my Canon and really getting into this non-competition. Thank you.








No comments: